Friday, July 29, 2011

Nutella Cupcake Recipe

Recently I have made the transition from a point and shoot camera to a dslr camera. I purchased the Canon Eos Rebel T3, a great entry level model for us slr newbies! Even on auto mode it takes great pictures that are worth the investment. I must admit, I now shoot everything....and I do mean everthing!

I recently experimented with Nutella flavored cupcakes....who doesn't love Nutella?! It tastes like a Ferrero Rocher but that should be of no surprise as the Ferrero company produces both Nutella and their famous Ferrero Rocher candies! The cupcakes turned out yuuummy! I made a basic chocolate cupcake and filled the inside middle part with Nutella buttercream frosting. You can also fill it with just Nutella alone but I must warn you this will make the cupcake that much more heavy....you are gonna need ALOT of milk! Try buying the cow, it will be cheaper! I prefer my cupcakes a bit lighter so I filled it with the frosting as I mentioned before. You can do this one of two ways, you can take out a portion of the cupcake with your fingers (don't worry the frosting on top should cover up the mess!) or you can use a Bismarck Tip and pipe in the Nutella frosting until the cupcake plumps up a bit. Once you are done that, swirl on the frosting on top and garnish with an almond milk chocolate Lindt square.

Nutella Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 13-ounce jar of Nutella
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
2 pounds confectioners’ sugar, sifted
6-8 tablespoons heavy cream or milk

Directions:
1. In bowl, blend butter and Nutella until combined. Slowly add in confectioner’s sugar, and continue creaming until well blended.
2. Add salt, vanilla, and 4 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk. Blend on low speed until moist. Add an additional 3-5 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk until you reach the desired consistency. Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy.

Yields enough frosting for 24 cupcakes

No comments: